<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Kids Say the Darnedest...Wait A Minute, What Did He Just Say?

Okay, the time he walked out of his bedroom, frowning into his toy cell phone, brow furrowed, randomly pressing buttons and muttering, "Shit," under his breath - yeah, I have to admit that was a pretty good imitation of me. He nailed it.

But I had nothing to do with last night, when he was helping me make dinner.

"What are we making?" he asked.

"Just a casserole," I replied, dumping the sauteed vegetables into the buttered casserole dish.

He repeated back what I had said, slowly, carefully, committing the new word to memory.

"Just an asshole," he said.

"Noooooo! Casserole! With a hard "C". Casserole."

"Cassarole."

"Good."

Most of the time I just ignore his lisping, figuring, well, he's four. He'll outgrow it. And I've been right so far, but best to nip this one in the bud before he tells someone he likes assholes or assholes are good or my mom has a great asshole.

While we're on the subject, I also have to keep on him to quit calling grape juice "grape joo", because it makes me think of Magilla Gorilla, who my memory has evidently morphed with Grape Ape.

Which just confuses me terribly, this mixing up of anthropomorphic cartoon primates, so I really wish he'd just pronounce the damned word correctly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?