<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Come Mr. Tallyman, Tally Me Banana

Ever since I heard the news that bananas will no longer exist in a decade or so, I've had a bit of a craving for them. And every now and then I actually remember to buy them. Trouble is, it's hard to find bunches of less than 8, and they sometimes go bad before I can finish them. Such is the case today; I have about 4-5 bananas about to go. So I think I'm going to try my hand at Banana Fritters tonight. It seems like an easy enough recipe.

Although I must say this one seems tempting as well...
Cinnamon Fried Banana
  • A large, slightly green banana (only one? and green? I dunno, I'd use 3-4 and multiply the rest of the ingredients accordingly)
  • 2 level tablespoons cinnamon and sugar, mixed (I mistakenly bought Cinnamon Sugar last week, it said "Cinnamon" in big letters and "sugar" in little tiny ones so I naturally thought I was buying cinnamon... this'd be a good time to use it, I'd imagine cinnamon sugar goes very well on bananas!)
  • Butter
  • Ice cream or cream, if desired (my husband being British, we're always stocked up on Devon Double Cream)
    Slice the banana into equal slices length-wise. Fry it in a pan on both sides of each slice until slightly brown. Smother butter thinly (how do you "smother thinly" anyway? isn't that rather an oxymoron?) on banana. Fry further for a few minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on while being fried (I think they mean "on the bananas while they're being fried," rather than "toke a few and get real fried and then go crazy"). Serve when butter has been cooked in, with ice cream or cream.

    Should I have warned y'all that I editorialize sarcastically when I pass along recipes? :) Looking forward to KWF adding a comments section so y'all can be sarky right back at me!
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?